Be Safe Online – AllySeek Security Tips
AllySeek.com aims to provide you with a safe & secure environment in which you search and find your life partner.
- Our Support team ensures that every profile put up at AllySeek.com is screened for irrelevant
and/or inappropriate content.
- We also have strict abuse-prevention and reporting systems for those that do get through our
However, in ensuring your safety & privacy, the actions within our control are limited.
Therefore, it is necessary for you to exercise some simple precautions for your privacy & for a
safe and secure experience at AllySeek.com.
Here are some simple guidelines you can follow to protect your privacy:
- Guard your anonymity
Our system of anonymous contacting (sending interest, accepting/declining), and private
messaging (Chat on request) is to ensure that your identity is protected until you decide to
- Remember that you are in control of your online experience at all times. You can remain
completely anonymous until you choose not to
Start slow - Use emails initially
- Don't include your personal contact information like name, email address, home address,
telephone numbers, place of work or any other identifying information in your initial
- Don't send contact information until your instincts tell you that this is someone you can
trust. It's okay to take your time.
Set up a separate email account for communicating. Trust your instincts and start by sharing
only your email address and communicating solely via email.
- Look for odd behavior or inconsistencies. Serious people will respect your space and allow
you to take your time.
- Ask a friend to read the emails you receive - an unbiased observer can spot warning signs
- Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal information or attempts
in any way to trick you into revealing it.
Request for a photo
- Don't use signature lines in your emails that include your phone numbers and addresses
- Don't use your regular or official email id for communicating with a person you don't know
A photo will give you a good idea of the person's appearance, which may prove helpful in
achieving a gut feeling.
Chat on the phone
- You can use the Photo Privacy Setting option on AllySeek.com to set privacy to your photos.
When someone’s photo is not available, you can request for the same. Since AllySeek.com
offers free scanning & upload services to its members, there's no reason someone shouldn't
be able to provide you a photo.
- In fact, it's best to view several images of someone in various settings: casual, formal,
indoor and outdoor. If all you hear are excuses about why you can't see a photo, consider
that he or she has something to hide.
A phone call can reveal much about a person's communication and social skills. Consider your
security and do not reveal your personal phone number to a stranger.
Meet when YOU are ready
- Use a pre paid mobile phone number or use local telephone blocking techniques to prevent
your phone number from appearing in Caller ID. Only furnish your phone number when you
feel completely comfortable and have some background information on the other person.
- If someone gives you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure
it's not a charge number before you make the call.
The beauty of meeting online is that you can collect information gradually, later choosing
whether to pursue the relationship in the offline world. You never are obligated to meet
anyone. Go at your own pace!
Meet in a safe place
- Remember that you are in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline.
- Even if you decide to arrange a meeting, you always have the right to change your mind. It's
possible that your decision to keep the relationship at the anonymous level is based on a
hunch that you can't logically explain. Trust yourself. Go with your instincts.
When you choose to meet offline it is a good idea to try and include either or both of your
families. But if you trust the person enough to meet alone always tell a friend or your family
where you are going and when you will return
- When you decide to meet face to face with someone for the first time, choose a public
place (such as a restaurant / cafe) at a time when many people are around and ensure your
own transportation to and fro.
- For the first meeting it is always good not to meet the other person alone. Take a friend or
relative along and ask him/her to do the same.
- In case you do decide to meet him/her alone leave the name, address and telephone
number of the person you are going to meet with your friend or family member. Take a
cellular phone along with you.
Watch for warning signs
- Never arrange for your prospective match to pick you up or drop you at home.
- Do not go to a secluded place or a movie alone at the first meeting.
Watching for warning signs and acting upon it is the surest way to avoid an uncomfortable
- Ask a lot of questions and watch for inconsistencies. This will help you detect liars & cons,
and it will help you find out if you're compatible.
- Pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control
you. Acting in a resentful manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments, or any
physically inappropriate behavior are all warning signs.
- Involve your family or your close friends in your search for a life partner and do not take a
Beware of money scams
- Don't ignore the following behavior specially if it is without an acceptable explanation:
− Provides inconsistent information about age, interests, appearance, marital status,
profession, employment, etc.
− Fails to provide direct answers to direct questions
− Appears significantly different in person from his or her online persona
− Never introduces you to friends, professional associates or family members
Watch out for money scams. There are just too many con artists and scam artists around the
world, and they are everywhere.
- Be wary of those who try to ask money from you for whatever reason. But it would be
safer to cut off the communication. Remember a genuine person will not ask you for
money in any circumstance. If someone asks you for money, use common sense and never
give in to such requests
- In case someone asks you for money report the situation to us
- Take all the time you need to decide on a trustworthy person and pay careful attention
along the way. Be responsible about romance, and don't fall for the oldest con tricks of
people who shower love and affection at the first instance and disappear later. Don't
become prematurely close to someone, even if that intimacy only occurs online
Using your own good judgment is your best bet because ultimately you are responsible for your personal experience. Trust your instincts and then move ahead with the right person!
If you do have an unpleasant experience you can always report it to the authorities.
In case of any concern regarding a possible misuse, you may follow the below mentioned steps
to register a complaint:
- Go to the concerned profile and report misuse against the profile
- The complaint would be acted upon by our Support team
To report fraud or misuse, write to us giving full details of your case.